Success in life begins with a quality education. And yet, millions of children and youth lack the support they need to strengthen their literacy, stay on track in school, graduate from high school and find a career.
One study after another has shown that educating girls is one of the most effective ways to fight poverty . Schooling is often a precondition for girls and women to stand up against injustice, and for women to be integrated into the economy . Until women are numerate and literate , it’s difficult for them to start businesses or contribute meaningfully to the national economies. Schooling girls does stimulate economic growth and foster stability .
The case for investing in girls education is still very , very strong. Anecdotally, we know of many women who with education , were able to obtain jobs or start businesses and transform their lives and the lives of those around them.
Welicar encourages poor slum families to invest in their children the way rich families already do, thus breaking the typical transmission path of poverty from generation to generation.
Of a bigger number of children who have dropped out of primary school, 57% are girls in the slum.
Why you should partner with us :-
Because Corporations ( and individuals ) want their brand to be associated only with the best, you would also support our projects that support girl child, and are very impressive but cost-effective.
- A beneficiary of our sponsorship program since 2019.
- She’s a total orphan.
- Her kind sponsor supports her in education and also supports her old grandma whom she stays with.
- A beneficiary of our sponsorship program since 2012 when she was registered in our school
- Being brought up by her widowed mother.
- Her kind sponsor continues to support her and family. Risper is now studying Hotel management in one of the prestigious colleges in Nairobi.
Juliet A. Ongieyo:-
- A beneficiary of a scholarship program in High school since 2019
- Juliet is a total orphan
- Through the continuous support, she’s learning at one of the best high schools in Nairobi.